When it comes to looks, I am very simple and I pride myself in that.
I wear no concealer, foundation, blush, I couldn’t try to contour or highlight if my life depended on it.
I honestly think that makeup is an art and definitely takes talent and skills.
I wish I had those kind of skills but I do not.
When it comes to makeup, I wear eyeliner, mascara, and if it’s a special occasion, I will put on lipstick.
I’ve heard that heavy makeup over a period of time is bad for your complexion and I don’t know whether that is true or not but in my personal experience, less is more.
I’ve had friends who spend tons of money on facial care products like masks and scrubs, some who do certain treatments, and even experiment with homemade concoctions for their face.
I however, have sensitive skin and depending on what I touch, I could break out in hives.
Besides the usual pimple or two, I typically have clear skin and these are the only products I have been using for years.
Every morning and every night I moisturize my face with Noxzema.
After I use the Noxzema and rinse my face, I dry it and rub Pond’s lotion on my face.
That is my routine.
I heard from a dear friend who is from Germany, that Rose Water was really beneficial for your skin.
I researched and found the top 10 benefits of Rose Water here.
10 Rosewater Benefits
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. “Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores”, says Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitaliseshair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
I then decided to invest into it and tried Younique’s Rose Water.
The smell is incredible and it leaves my face feeling fresh and smooth.
It is a bit pricey but I’m sure you can find it cheaper.
Those are the products to help my skin, what does everyone else use?