There are all types of peach cobblers out there and you may favor one over the other but if you need a quick dessert without too many complicated steps, this recipe is for you.
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 2 cans of sliced peaches, drained
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar, divided
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- (Ice cream or whipped cream optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and pour melted butter into a deep baking dish or aluminum tray. I use a 13 x 9 x 2 inches pan for this particular recipe.
- Drain canned peaches but reserve 1/2 cup of the juice and place both the peaches and the 1/2 cup of juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of sugar, the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk and mix well.
- Pour batter over butter in the baking dish and spoon hot peaches over the batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden. (Top with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.)
From my kitchen to yours,