I made this French Bread last night and I am so excited to share the recipe with you all!
It may seem intimidating but it is very simple to make and only asks for a few ingredients. It is sure to make you feel confident as a baker and a bread maker even if you have never made bread before.
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of room temperature water
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until you form a ball that is semi sticky.
- Cover and let it proof overnight.
- The next day it should have rose and doubled in size. (Do not punch it! You want to keep those bubbles.)
- Turn on your oven to 350°F and place your Dutch Oven in. It needs to be really hot before you place the dough in. Meanwhile, take the dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface and fold it a few times until you form a ball of dough.
- After the Dutch Oven is hot (about 20-30 minutes) throw some flour at the bottom and place the ball of dough inside, down side up and bake covered for 40-60 minutes. (I bake mine for one hour.)
- Remove the lid and place back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes. Slice when warm and enjoy!
From my kitchen to yours,